Acorn Squash Mushroom Barley Bowl
A recipe by Monica Lo of Sous Weed
• 1 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup quick-cook pearled barley
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 1 cup Cremini mushrooms, quartered
• ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 1 cup oyster mushrooms, rough chop
• 1 shallot, thinly sliced
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• 3 Tbsp Pot d’Huile Olive Oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Chives, to garnish
• Parsley, to garnish
• Toasted pecans, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Drizzle olive oil on acorn squash halves and place on baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, until tender.
While the squash is roasting, prepare quick-cook pearled barley according to the package. Drain and set aside.
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add mushrooms. Cook until lightly brown, about 3 minutes. Add shallots, soy sauce, and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cooked barley in a mixing bowl and add cooked mushrooms. Add Pot d’Huile Olive Oil and toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Scoop mushroom barley mixture into the roasted acorn squash bowls and garnish with chives, parsley, and toasted pecans. Serve warm.