Chef Tracy goh's Bloody mary canna
- 4 pounds organic tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 2/3 cup loosely packed katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- 1 rib of celery
- 1/4 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 1 tsp wasabi
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 8-12 teaspoons of Pot d'Huile (to taste and desired dosage)*
- 4 shots of vodka*
- Pepper flakes*
- Salt, to taste*
- Blend everything except for items marked * until smooth.
- Cover mixture and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place muslin cloth in the strainer over the mixing bowl. Make sure that the strainer's circumference is slightly bigger than the bowl's so that the consommé has room to drip.
- Slowly pour mixture into the muslin strainer. Gather the edges at the top and tie them together with a twine to create a filter bag.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Chill 4-6 glasses.
- Emulsify EVOO with vodka by placing them in a lidded jar and shaking vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Squeeze the remaining consommé out of the muslin bag, taste and season again with salt and vinegar.
- Mix pepper flakes and salt in a plate.
- Rub the rims of the glasses with a wedge of lime and dip them in the salt mixture.
- Divide consommé and vodka emulsion into the glasses. Serve with ice cubes, pickles and a wedge of lime.
- Muslin cloth (~2'x2')
- Mesh strainer
- Kitchen twine,
- Non-metal tall mixing bowl