Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pot d’Huile olive oil
- 3 large eggs, preferably organic
- 1 cup 1% milk, preferably organic
- 6 oz cubed thickly sliced cooked ham
- 2 oz cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add in the water and olive oil and stir just until combined. Lightly knead the dough in the bowl just until it comes together (don’t overwork the dough).
- Press the dough into and up the sides of a nine-inch pie plate as evenly as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well-combined. Season with salt & pepper and pour into the dough-lined pie plate. Make sure the egg mixture does not reach the very top of the pie plate. Scatter the diced ham, cheddar and gorgonzola cheese evenly over the filling.
- Bake quiche for 30-35 minutes or until set, lightly golden, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving. If you want the quiche at room temperature, let it sit on a wire cooling rack for about 1 hour.
Makes eight servings, 7.5mg of THC per serving